2017 Chenin Blanc 'Steen Op Hout'

2017 Chenin Blanc 'Steen Op Hout'

Wine of Origin: Western Cape

Blend: 100% Chenin Blanc

Barrel ageing: Six months in 2nd and 3rd fill barrels.

The 2017 is a blend of 72% tank fermented; the remaining 28% was also fermented in tank, but drawn
down to barrels after fermentation for maturation. The barrels were split 50/50 between 2nd and 3rd fill.
Vineyards comprising the blend are 85% Stellenbosch and 15% Darling origin. 60% of the blend is from vines older
than 30 years and the remainder older than 20 years.


Share Buy Online

Our Winemakers’ Tasting Notes

Sourced from mature vines grown predominantly in
Stellenbosch, with one component being grown in
Darling. This is a great example of richly flavoured
Chenin Blanc from an excellent vintage. It has wonderful
ripeness yet etains freshness and vibrancy from the first
nose right through to the lasting finish.
Ripe tropical aromas of mango, pineapple and papaya are
lifted by a crisp, refreshing apple note. The palate is
defined by a delicious fine mineral texture leading onto a
succulent mid-palate. The final impression is one of a full
flavoured, yet precisely poised Chenin Blanc.

Download Spec Sheet

Latest News

© 2019 Mulderbosch. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.