<span>2011</span> CHENIN BLANC steen op hout

2011 CHENIN BLANC steen op hout

Wine of Origin: Western Cape
Blend: 100% Chenin Blanc
Barrel ageing: 20% in French oak for five months
Maturation: 5-7 years from date of vintage

This individual new-wave Chenin was made from low-crop Stellenbosch & Swartland grapes. The grapes were harvested in the early morning to ensure coolness, crushed and then lightly pressed; after which the must was cold settled before being inoculated with a select yeast culture. 80% of the wine was tank fermented between 13-15 °C while the remaining 20% underwent natural fermentation in barrel.

Serve at 12 – 15°C. Pair with shellfish; grilled tuna; grilled sardines; lemon and herb roast chicken; vegetable stews; Bobotie – Cape Malay dish of baked savoury mince served with saffron rice; and biltong.



Our Winemakers’ Tasting Notes

A powerful nose of guava, lime zest and ripe pear braced by honeysuckle and orange blossoms. A juicy palate with opulent passion-fruit, following through from the nose and fi nishing off with tart grapefruit characteristics. The refreshing acidity is perfectly counteracted by a creamy mid palate and subtle oak-derived spice. The 2011 vintage is a more fruit-driven style that is fresher & drier comparing to the 2010 vintage. A delightfully accessible wine that is mouth-wateringly moreish.

Download Spec Sheet

Latest News

© 2019 Mulderbosch. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.